Attractions of Cannes
The French Riviera is located on the French coast of the Mediterranean Sea. It is well-known for its picturesque settings, and has served as an inspiring locale for many famous artists including Picasso. The local museums and art galleries of this place displays many of their works.
Promenade de la Croisette
Promenade de la Croisette is an attractive seafront promenade in Cannes. It links the beach and the city, and runs along the coastline of the Mediterranean Sea. The Croisette is the venue for most famous film festival of the world – the Cannes Film Festival. Dotted by gourmet restaurants, opulent shops, and hotels (such as the Majestic, Carlton, Chanel, JW Marriott Cannes and Martinez) this is the best place to be in Cannes.
Lérins Islands are a group of four Mediterranean islands off the French Riviera, opposite to the bay of Cannes. It is just a short boat ride away from La Croisette. It is yet another Mediterranean beauty spot which offers breathtaking natural settings in the vast idleness of the seas.
Galerie marchande Gray d'Albion
Galerie marchande Gray d'Albion is the biggest shopping center in Cannes. Situated between the town's prestigious La Croisette seafront and Rue d'Antibes, the center is famous for classic boutique stores that sell wristwatches, jewelry, La perla lingerie, paintings and lots more. The center is lined with exquisite restaurants and cafes outlets.
Palais des Festivals et des Congrès
Palais des Festivals is a world famous trade venue center which hosts major entertainment, commercial and cultural events. Some well-known events hosted here include music trade show MIDEM, MIPTV and the famous Cannes Film Festival. Spread over an area of 28, 000 square meters, the center is equipped with up-to-date facilities like latest light and sound system, Wi-Fi system and video surveillance.
This museum is home to a enormous collection of antiquities, particularly from the Middle East and the Mediterranean. Situated in a medieval castle atop Le Suquet, the collections are displayed in a suite of rooms flanked by beautiful gardens.
Attractions of Las Palmas
- Playa de Las Canteras (Las Canteras Beach) is one of best beaches, blessed with a pleasant weather all year round. This is precisely why it is thronged by people throughout the year.
- Playa de Las Alcaravaneras (Las Alcaravaneras beach) serves as another important leisure area for visitors, as it offers the most ideal conditions for bathing, partaking in watersports and fishing.
- Playa de la Laja (La Laja Beach) located at the entrance to Las Palmas, this is a charming little sand beach stretching for about 1.2 km. It is considered a safe beach and so is popular with families and surfers.
- Playa del Confital (Confital Beach), is modern beach with many facilities. Located to the southwest of the peninsula of La Isleta, this two kilometer beach is a natural extension of Las Canteras Beach, and is most popular for water sports.
Parks and squares
- Avenida Mésa y López
- Avenida Marítima
- Fuente Luminosa
- El Confital
- Parque de la Mayordomía
- Parque Doramas
- Parque de Santa Catalina
- Bandama Caldera (Bandama Natural Monument) is a blowout crater because of which it is a point of great geological interest.
- Church of San Juan Bautista, was built in late 12th century, in Romanesque style by local masons. It is built entirely in Arucas stone
- Jardín de la Marquesa de Arucas - Botanical Garden in Arucas.
- Basílica de Nuestra Señora del Pino-contains the image of Our Lady of the Pine, who is the patron saint of Gran Canaria.
- Iglesia de San Juan Bautista de Telde - the main spiritual center of Telde.